Monday, February 13, 2006

Holy Zucchini!!

I'm in love! I have been trying at least one new recipe per week from my Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian cookbook ever since I got it. Only one dud; the rest have been wonderful. Today's dinner is spectacular.

It's a Greek salad with zucchini and feta cheese. It has green onions and dill and lemon juice and olive oil. I chopped the zucchini in little 1/2 inch quarters and it turned out perfect.

On the side I made a lentil and bulghur pilaf that's also in the book. I omitted the fried onions because of time constraints but I want to try it again with them. I also want to try adding more water, which wasn't called for in the recipe - the whole thing got a little dry after about half the cooking was over.

Mmm. I can't wait for dinner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home